Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) has released the notification for Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test (TNTET) Paper I and Paper II for the year 2017.
Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test, commonly known as the TNTET, is state-level entrance examination, which is required for those who are seeking job opportunities in the field teaching.
Every year, the Teachers Recruitment Board conducts TNTET exam, which is mandatory to apply for teaching jobs in government schools from Class 1 to Class 8. Paper I is required to take up as a teacher for Class to I to V while Paper II is meant for those willing to teach Class VI to VIII students in government schools.
|Sale of Application Form||March 6, 2017||9 AM to 5 PM|
|Application Submission Last Date||March 22, 2017||By 5 PM|
|Written Examination: Paper I||April 29, 2017||10 AM to 1 PM|
|Written Examination: Paper II||April 30, 2017||10 AM to 1 PM|
Eligibility Criteria for Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test Paper I
The applicant must satisfy the criteria mentioned below:
- Applicant should have passed the higher secondary based on 10+2 pattern along with the Diploma in Teacher Education OR Diploma in Elementary Education from a recognised teacher training institute.
- The applicants appearing in the final year of D. E. Ed. Course in the current academic year (2016-17) can also apply for Teacher Eligibility Test Paper I.
- Candidates who are visually impaired are not eligible to apply for Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test Paper I.
(Note: Such applicants should pass D. E. Ed course in the current academic year and are required to produce D.E. Ed certificate at the time of documents verification, else their registration for Government recruitment process for this year will be cancelled.)
Eligibility Criteria for Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test Paper II
- The applicant should have a Bachelor’s degree i.e. (B.A. /B.Sc. / B.Litt.) with Tamil, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, History and Geography as major subjects from a recognised university.
- Aspirants who have a Bachelor’s degree in Education (B. Ed) from a recognised university, and are seeking an appointment as Graduate Teachers are also eligible to apply for TN TET 2017.
- Those candidates who have a Bachelor of Literature (B. Lit.) in Tamil along with either B. Ed., D. T. Ed., or TPT can also apply for TNTET 2017.
- Applicants who are currently studying in their final year of B. Ed can also write TN TET Paper II.
Age Limit: Candidate must be between 21 years to 38 years old in order to appear for the TET examination. The upper age limit is relaxable for the reserved categories..
How to Apply For TNTET 2017?
The Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) has enabled the offline registration for Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test. A candidate can apply for both Paper I and Paper II, however, the fee need to be paid separately for each paper. The official TRB website is trb.tn.nic.in.
TNTET Registration Steps:
- Candidate who wish to apply for TNTET 2017, need to buy the application form from a sales centre. The district wise application sale centre list is available inside the prospectus.
- Fill up the TNTET application form with all correct details and paste the recent passport sized photo on the given space.
- Attach all asked certificate of the qualification (Copies only).
- Pay the application fee at nearest branch of the bank authorized by TRB.
- Attach the payment challan receipt with the form.
- Send the dully filled form to the application receiving center.
TNTET Application Fee: The category wise exam charges are the following:
For further information kindly download TNTET Notification 2017 from this link.