The Staff Selection Commission is up to conduct Stenographer (Grade C & D) Examination. All the aspirants must have a complete knowledge of SSC Stenographer Syllabus, Exam Pattern, and Selection Process to ensure the finest results.
Here we have detailed out the complete SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2017 that will help you to understand the paper scheme and all aspects of the recruitment selection. Everything such as timing, subjects, marks, questions etc shall be defined on this page.
- SSC Stenographer Admit Card.
- SSC Stenographer Answer Key.
- SSC Stenographer Result.
- SSC Stenographer Application Form.
- SSC Stenographer Notification.
So far, the SSC Stenographer Exam is conducted in offline mode. However, there are assumptions that from 2018, the commission may start to take the steno exam in online mode.
This 2 Hours duration test carries the negative marking of 0.25 Marks for every incorrect response. Candidates clearing the written test will get the call for the skill test which is basically stenography test.
SSC Stenographer Selection Process 2017
The minimum pass marks for skill test, written test are assigned by the commission. The skill test has qualifying nature which means it is essential to take part and qualify the skill test but its marks won’t be added for the final merit list. The final selection is done on the basis of marks in the written examination only.
SSC Stenographer Written Exam Details:
- The Written test to have multiple choice questions only.
- The objective type test to have Three Sections. Section I and Section II will be having 50 Questions each.
- Each question carries One Mark. The Part III of the written exam carries 100 Marks.
- The questions in the paper except the third section will be available in both Hindi and English.
- The duration of the exam is 2 Hours for normal aspirants while 2 Hours & 30 Minutes for visually challenged candidates.
- The Stenographer SSC Exam carries negative marking of 0.25 Marks/each incorrect answer.
|I||General Intelligence & Reasoning (50 questions )||50||10.00 A.M. to 12.00 Noon|
OR 2.00PM to 4.00PM
|II||General Awareness (50 questions)||50|
|III||English Language and Comprehension (100questions)||100|
SSC Skill Test in Stenography:
- This is just a qualifying nature test. Candidates must qualify the steno test but marks of this test won’t be taken in use while crafting the final list.
- The candidates who clear the written test with prescribed qualifying marks (aggregate/overall) will be invited to take the stenography test.
- Is is essential for all the candidates to take part in this test to ensure the final selection. The cut off shall be fixed category wise by the commission.
- The matter must be typed through the computer/keyboard only.
- The candidate need to process the dictation for 10 Minutes in Hindi/English at the speed of 100 words per minute for Grade C posts and 80 Words per Minute for Grade D posts.
- VH aspirants are required to transcribe the given content in 75 Minutes for English shorthand or 100 Minutes for Hindi shorthand for Grade D posts. The transcription must be completed in 70 Minutes for English shorthand and 95 Minutes for Hindi shorthand test for Grade C posts.
- The skill test shall be hosted at SSC’s Region/Sub-regional officers as mentioned in the notification.
|SSC Stenography Test Information 2017|
|Post Name||Speed||Transcription Time|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||80 w.p.m.||50 minutes (English), 65 minutes (Hindi)|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||100 w.p.m.||40 minutes ( English ), 55 Minutes ( Hindi )|
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2017 for Written Examination
General Intelligence & Reasoning: This section deals with the questions of both verbal type and non-verbal type. The test is designed in the manner to test the examinee’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation, and other analytical functions.
Following are the major topics of this section:
- Analogies, similarities, and differences.
- Space Visualization.
- Decision Making.
- Visual Memory.
- Discriminating Observation.
- Relationship Concepts.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Verbal and Figure Classification.
- Arithmetical Number Series, Non-Verbal Series etc.
General Awareness: Basically, this section is designed to test the ability of the aspirant’s awareness about the environment around him and its application, effect to the society.
There will be handful questions from current events, everyday observation, and experience in the scientific aspects. This are the questions that doesn’t include any blueprint or study but the wise person with a creative mind.
Following are the major topics that comes under General Awareness:
- India and its Neighboring countries.
- Especially pertaining to Sports.
- History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene.
- General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc.
Note : For Visually Challenged persons with 40% or above disability who opted for scribe, there will be no inclusion of Maps/Graphs/Diagrams/Statistical Data in the SSC General Intelligence & Reasoning / General Awareness Stenographer Paper.
English Language & Comprehension: This section is all about English Language, knowledge of vocabulary, grammar, sentence creation, synonyms, antonyms and grammar usage, etc. Basically, it finds out the ability of the candidate with English language.
- Active and passive voice.
- Synonyms and antonyms.
- Fill in the blanks.
- Direct and Indirect Conversion.
- Comprehension passage.
- Miss-spelt words detection.
- Cloze passage.