The CGL 2017 Notification is finally out on 16th May 2017. The Staff Selection Commission will commence the online test from 1st August 2017 to 20th August 2017. SSC will conduct the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam this year for more than 20,000 vacancies.
SSC CGL 2017 Notification has been advertised. The detailed notice about the details about CGLE 2017 Vacancies List is also available now.
This year, the CGL Exam Pattern has been changed. The duration for the examination has been decreased to 60 Minutes which used to be 75 Minutes.
SSC CGL Important Dates as per new SSC Calendar:
- SSC CGL 2017 Online application dates: 16thMay, 2017 to 16th June, 2017.
- SSC CGL computer based tier-1 exam 2017: 1st August, 2017 to 20th August, 2017.
- SSC CGL computer based tier-2 exam 2017: 10th November, 2017 to 11th November, 2017.
- SSC CGL tier-3 descriptive paper 2017: 21st January, 2018.
- SSC CGL tier-4 2017 (if applicable): Feb, 2018.
Quick Links to Important Queries:
SSC CGL 2017 Overview:
- Exam Organizer: Staff Selection Commission (SSC).
- CGL Full Form: Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE)
- Notification Release date: 16th May 2017.
- Application Mod: Online Registration and Offline Form as you prefer.
- Mode of Examination: Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Selection Process: Tier-1, Tier-2, Tier-3 and Interviews & Skill Test.
- SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Date: August 2017.
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria 2017
Required Educational Qualification: The minimum educational criteria for applying the CGL application form is having any graduation degree from a recognized institution.
|Assistant Audit Officer||CA or Management Accountant or Masters in Business Economics or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration specially in (Finance)|
|Statistical Investigator Grade – II Post||Bachelor Degree in Statistics from the recognized University of the board or UG degree in stats with economics or under graduate degree in statistics with maths or UG degree in commerce|
|Compiler Post||Under graduate from any recognized University with Statistics or economics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective Subject.|
|All Other Posts||Any UG Degree from a recognized University|
Age Criteria: The age of the application must stand between 18 to 27 years (varies per post) as on 1st August 2017. The relaxation in the age limits for specific categories are given as per the following chart:
|Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 yrs|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 yrs|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 yrs|
SSC CGL: Post Wise Age Limits
|Age Limit||Post Name|
|20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer|
Sub-Inspector (Group “B”)
|21-27 years||Intelligence Bureau Assistant Post|
|20-30 years||Inspector of Income Tax|
Inspector of Central Excise
Inspector (Preventive officer)
Upper Division Clerk
Inspector (CBN) Compiler
Assistant Enforcement Officer
Sub-Inspector (CBN) Inspector of Posts
|Not exceeding 30 years||Assistant Audit Officer|
Assistant Enforcement Officer7
|Up to 32 years||Statistical Investigator Gr. II|
|18-25 years||Sub-Inspector (Group “C”)|
SSC CGL Application Form 2017 – Apply Online
The Staff Selection Commission accepts the registration for CGLE mainly through the online mode. The official SSC Online Websites http://ssconline.nic.in or http://sscregistration.nic.in can be taken in use to apply the online CGL 2017 application form.
The CGL Exam Notice is out in details on 16th May 2017 and the online CGL application form link is also active now.
Candidates are advised to keep the hardcopy (printout) of the application form. The duly filled form consists the information that may come handy in the future.
SSC CGL Application Fee
The registration fee for CGL Examination can be paid in both offline or online mode. The candidate need to pay ₹100 as the application fee. Female, SC/ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates are totally exempted from paying the application charges. The CGL application fee is non-refundable.
Offline Payment mode:
- Once the part I registration is completed, take out the print of the payment challan generated online.
- Use the payment challan and pay the fee in any nearby branch of State Bank of India.
Online Payment mode:
- Once the online registration is completed for Part I and Part II. You will be prompted to pay the required fee.
- The applicant can make the online payment for the application fees through SBI net banking or any other credit/debit card.
SSC CGL Selection Process
The time limit for CGL Tier I Exam has been decreased to 60 Minutes. Take online SSC CGL mock test with latest exam pattern for free through the following link:
The selection process for CGL Examination consist 4 Tiers i.e Tier I, Tier II, Tier III, and Tier IV. There is no interview in CGL recruitment.
- Tier -I: Computer Based Test having Multiple Choice Questions.
- Tier -II: Computer Based Test having Multiple Choice Questions.
- Tier -III: Descriptive Examination (Pen and Paper Mode).
- Tier -IV: Data Entry Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test(posts specific)/ Document Verification.
SSC CGL Vacancies List 2017 in Various Departments (Tentative)
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has shared the list of available vacancies in various departments under Combined Graduate Level (CGL) – 2017 Recruitment. There are thousands of vacancies in DOPT (CSS), Central Vigilance Commission, Intelligence Bureau, Ministry of Railway etc.
- SSC CGL 2017 Vacancy List (Tentative): Download List.
- Check SSC CGL 2017 Notification – Download PDF.