Uttar Pradesh State Government comes up with the Scheme called Samajwadi Pension Yojana 2017 for residents of the state who belong to Below Poverty Line (BPL) category. The Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Mr Akhilesh Yadav has launched this scheme in the State.
This pension scheme was first inaugurated in the year of 2014 as “Rani Laxmi Bai pension Yojana”, which later changed to “Samajwadi Pension Yojana”. The process is managed by Samaj Kalyan Vibhag, Uttar Pradesh.
As of now, more than 25 lacs families were given two half-yearly instalments of ₹2400 in the form of a pension of ₹400 per month under the Rani Lakshmibai Yojana.
The Government of Uttar Pradesh appointed the renowned Bollywood actress Vidya Balan as the brand ambassador of the Samajwadi Pension Yojana 2016-17. She is creating awareness about this scheme among the people of Uttar Pradesh. Apparently, the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Mr Akhilesh Yadav has also connected with various other celebrities to promote this scheme.
Samajwadi Pension Yojana 2017 – Objective Details
|Scheme Name||Samajwadi Pension Yojana|
|Launched by||Akhilesh Yadav|
|Brand Ambassador||Vidya Balan|
|Initial Amount||₹500 per month|
The objective of Samajwadi Pension scheme is to provide financial assistance to those residents of the state who are in BPL category. The mission of this scheme is to provide financial support to nearly 40 lacs families across the state.
This one is going to replace the existing Rani Laxmibai Pension Yojana, which was launched on February 28, 2014. Under this scheme, the people of economically weak sections who reside in the rural areas of Uttar Pradesh will be provided with financial assistance.
The eligible citizens of Uttar Pradesh will get ₹500 per month under the Samajwadi Pension Scheme, which will increase by INR 50 every year. However, the maximum amount one can get under this scheme is limited to INR 750 only.
Eligibility Criteria for Samajwadi Pension Yojana Pension Hike
As mentioned above, the applicants can get additional ₹50 on yearly basis. However, they need to satisfy the criteria mentioned below:
- Those families who have a child aged between 6 to 14 years and receives education from a recognised board.
- The children must go to a recognised school and should have a minimum 70% attendance.
- Those families whose adult members trying to educate themselves are eligible for the pension hike under the Samajwadi Pension Yojana 2017.
- Families who have the children who get timely health check-up and regular vaccination will also be eligible for pension hike.
Any family who lives in the rural areas of Uttar Pradesh and belongs to the Below Poverty Line section can apply for Samajwadi Pension Yojana 2017. The family must be based in Uttar Pradesh and required to produce the proof of their permanent residence in Uttar Pradesh State.
Those who want to apply for this scheme must have a bank account in State Bank of India (SBI) or any other nationalised bank to avail the benefits of the Yojana. The benefits of this scheme will be provided once the proper verification is done. The residents of Uttar Pradesh who are government or private employees or income taxpayers are not eligible for this scheme.
How to Apply for Samajwadi Pension Yojana 2017 Online?
The eligible families should visit the official website of the Uttar Pradesh Samajwadi Pension Scheme i.e. http://sspy-up.gov.in/ in order to apply online for Samajwadi Pension Yojana.
After visiting the official website of the Pradesh Samajwadi Pension Scheme, the applicant needs to fill up all the mandatory information in the online application form. Once the registration is done, the candidate can apply for a Samajwadi Pension Yojana Account.
Follow these steps to apply for Samajwadi Pension Yojana 2017 Online:
- Log in to the official website of Uttar Pradesh Samajwadi Pension Scheme i.e. http://sspy-up.gov.in/.
- Download the “Samajwadi Pension Scheme application form” available on the website.
- Fill up all the mandatory information in the application form and attach all the required documents.
- Once all the information is filled, upload the filled in application form on the website to generate Samajwadi Pension Yojana Account.
- You can also check Samajwadi Pension Yojana Application Status using the same website.
- All Details About Yojana.
- The Format of Application Form.
- Check Application Status.
- District Wise Pensioners List.
Here are the details you need to fill in the online application form of Samajwadi Pension Scheme:
- Name of the Applicant.
- Father/husband’s Name.
- Place of Residence.
- Block Information.
- Post Office Details.
- Gram Panchayat Details.
- Caste Details.
How does the Samajwadi Pension Yojana Works?
The procedure and functions of the scheme are as follows:
- Those families who are registered under Samajwadi Pension Yojana 2017 will receive a monthly payment of INR 500/-.
- The steady assistance will help to improve the monetary conditions of the family.
- The Gram Panchayat will take the final decision on which family should be covered under the scheme.
- The eligible families will be provided with a “Samajwadi Pension Yojana Card”, which will be like an access card and will hold the record of the Samajwadi Pension Yojana.
Targeted Districts of Samajwadi Pension Yojana:
|Sant Kabir Nagar||Shamli||Shravasti||Siddharth Nagar|