The Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) under the Government of India has released a declaration that announces 3880 vacancies in varied trade and ordnance factories spread across the length and breadth of the country. Along with the Ministry of Defense, it plans to recruit semi-skilled industrial employees and Labor Group “C” workers to different posts available throughout the states. Interested candidates can apply online for the posts from 19.06.2017. Online applications would be accepted until 10.07.2017.
Interested candidates must ensure they fulfill the mentioned criteria required for eligibility and acceptance of online applications.
The minimum age for applying is 18 years while the maximum age stands at 32 years. The age would be considered in relation to the closing date of online applications, which is, 26.06.2017. The notification states an age relaxation of 5 years in relation to Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (SC) candidates and 3 years for Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates.
- For candidates willing to apply for semi-skilled Industrial Employees positions, they must procure matriculation as well National Trade Certificate (NTC) or National Apprentice Certificate (NAC) as issued by National Council of Vocational Training (NCVT).
- For candidates willing to apply for Labor Group “C” positions, Matriculation certificates would suffice.
OFB Recruitment Selection Process:
The selection procedure of candidates rests on a written examination that all candidates would be required to take. Once they qualify in the written examination, they would be required to take a practical examination known by the name Trade Test. After qualifying in both, a document verification process would ensue.
Required Application Fee:
Interested candidates must take a note that an application fee must be paid online or offline. Applicants would be required to pay an application fees of ₹50. The candidates who are exempt from payment of fees include SC/ST candidates, Ex-servicemen or ordnance factory workers, physically handicapped and female candidates.
They would be directed to the payment gateway and they may choose to pay online via their debit or credit card or generate a challan and pay the fees offline in any SBI branch. The challan that has been generated for offline payment should be downloaded.
OBF Recruitment 2017 – State Wise & Ordnance Factory Wise Vacancies List
A. Bihar: 62 Posts
1. Ordnance Factory Project Nalanda (OFPN): 62 Posts
B.Chandigarh: 50 Posts
2. Ordnance Cable Factory Chandigarh (OCFC): 50 Posts
C. Maharashtra: 976 Posts
3. Ammunition Factory Khadki (AFK): 311 Posts
4. High Explosive Factory (HEF): 84 Posts
5. Ordnance Factory Ambajhari (OFAJ): 219 Posts
6. Ordnance Factory Bhandara (OFBA): 90 Posts
7. Ordnance Factory Bhusawal (OFBH): 181 Posts
8. Ordnance Factory Chandrapur (OFCH): 91 Posts
Madhya Pradesh: 824 Posts
9. Gun Carriage Factory, Jabalpur (GCF): 215 Posts
10. Grey Iron Foundry, Jabalpur (GIF): 176 Posts
11. Ordnance Factory Itarsi (OFIT): 50 Posts
12. Ordnance Factory Khamaria, Jabalpur (OFK): 129 Posts
13. Ordnance Factory Katni (OFKAT): 24 Posts
14. Vehicle Factory Jabalpur (VFJ): 230 Posts (With drawn)
Orissa: 465 Posts
15. Ordnance Factory Bolangir (OFBOL): 465 Pots
Tamil Nadu: 306 Posts
16. Engine Factory Avadi (EFA): 09 Posts
17. Heavy Alloy Penetrator Project (HAPP): 05 Posts
18. Heavy Vehicle Factory (HVF): 292 Posts
Telangana: 133 Posts
Ordnance Factory Medak (OFMK): 133 Posts
Uttarakhand: 298 Posts
20. Ordnance Factory Dehradun (OFDUN): 138 Posts
21. Opto Electronics Factory, Raipur Dehradun (OLF): 160 Posts
Uttar Pradesh: 871 Posts
22. Field Gun Factory Kanpur (FGK): 179 Posts
23. Ordnance Factory Kanpur (OFC): 499 Posts
24. Ordnance Factory Muradnagar (OFM): 193 Posts
West Bengal: 125 Posts
25. Metal and Steel Factory, Kolkata (MSF): 125 Posts
In the state of Bihar, there are 62 posts available while Maharashtra has 976 job openings. Madhya Pradesh has 824 posts available for applicants and Orissa has 465 vacancies. The states of Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal has 306 posts, 133 posts, 298 posts, 871 posts and 125 posts respectively.
How to Apply Online for OFB Jobs 2017 at www.ofbindia.gov.in
Candidates can go through the online OFB Recruitment application form via the official online portal at www.ofb.gov.in. The registration are started from 19th June 2017. The last date to submit the online OFB application form is 10th July 2017.
All the best to interested candidates. For more information, please check the official website www.ofbindia.gov.in or undergo the below-given direct links:
- Download Notification for OFB Semi Skilled, Labour Group C Recruitment 2017.
- Apply Online Application Form against OFB Recruitment at www.ofb.gov.in.