The Backward Classes Welfare Department of Government of West Bengal has notified about the Online Application for Scholarship in Studies (OASIS) to SC, ST and OBC students in West Bengal for the year academic session 2017-18.
The students belonging to scheduled caste (SC), scheduled tribe (ST) and other backward classes (OBC) can register through the official website www.oasis.gov.in to get the scholarship facility.
The welfare department has given the post-matric scholarship for SC, ST and OBC and pre-matric scholarship facility for SC and ST. West Bengal government aims at providing the scholarship facility for the economic and financial help for the students.
Latest Updates @ oasis.gov.in:
- OAIS application is open for all colleges under Calcutta University in South 24 Paragana District upto 13.03.2017.
- Online OASIS Scholarship Application is open for some colleges of Kolkata District upto 05/03/2017.
- Student are requested to seed their aadhaar number with their bank account.
- If you are a outside of west bengal student and your institution is not available then contact BCW-TD Department/District Po Cum DWO office of your permanent address with affiliation details/accreditations.
Direct Links to Important Queries:
- What is OASIS?
- Eligibility Criteria for Scholarship.
- How to Apply Scholarship Form?
- Required Documents.
- How to check status at www.oasis.gov.in?
Students must satisfy the criteria and need to submit their application before the last date to avail these scholarships.
What is Online Application for Scholarship in Studies (OASIS)?
The scholarship scheme intends to provide financial assistance to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribe students who are studying at senior secondary level or post-matriculation stages to help them to complete their education. The income ceiling of parents/guardian has been enhanced recently from Rs. 2 Lakh per annum to Rs. 2.5 Lakh per annum.
|Organization||Backward Classes Welfare Department, West Bengal.|
|Categories||SC, ST and OBC|
|Facility||Check Scholarship Application Status|
Every year, the Backward Classes Welfare Department of Government of West Bengal offer e-scholarship to economically weak students of the state. The candidates who are economically backward and are in need of financial assistance to pay the fee for their higher studies can avail the benefits of such scholarship programmes offered by the government.
The candidates can avail the opportunity through OASIS in online mode only. This scholarship facility is offered only for the meritorious students who are currently pursuing their Higher Secondary courses, undergraduate programmes and post-graduate programmes in government schools, colleges or universities and recognised private institutions.
Eligibility Criteria for Online Application for Scholarship in Studies (OASIS):
The West Bengal government has announced the OASIS Status eligibility criteria. The candidates seeking admissions to any of the above programmes must go through the eligibility criteria before applying for the same.
The eligibility criteria for OASIS scholarship include the minimum annual income and marks required in their previous examinations.
- The annual income of the candidate’s parents should not exceed ₹2,00,000 lakh per annum from all sources.
The candidate should have secured at least 50% aggregate marks in the previous final examination.
The student should have maintained a regular attendance.
There will be a reservation of 30% for female students.
The scholarship will be provided for not more than two students belonging to same family.
OASIS Scheme wise Eligibility Criteria via oasis.gov.in:
For Pre-Matric Scholarship to SC/ST Students:
- The candidate should have a valid scheduled caste/scheduled tribe certificate.
- The student must be studying in the 9th or 10th standard.
For Post-Matric Scholarship to SC/ST Students:
- The candidate should have passed 10th.
- The candidate must have the caste certificate.
For Post-Matric Scholarship to OBC Students:
- The candidate should have an OBC caste certificate
- The candidate should have passed the Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examination.
How to Apply for OASIS Scholarship at www.oasis.gov.in:
Interested candidates can apply online to avail the scholarship facility. You can go through the steps below to apply for the OASIS scholarship:
- The applicants must visit the official website of Online Application for Scholarship in Studies (OASIS) i. e. http://oasis.gov.in and register themselves.
- Click on “Apply Now” tab on the home screen of the Backward Classes Welfare Department Government of West Bengal online portal.
- After you log in to the portal, fill-in the required details including uploading of the photograph of the candidates, primary details, applied authority details, etc.
- NOTE: The candidate must upload his/her photograph at the stage. (You can know the status of your application through mobile number or email.)
- Click on Submit button.
- You will see a computer generated acknowledgement slip on the screen. The student is required to download the slip generated.
- Take a printout of the Acknowledgement slip for future reference.
Documents Required for Online Application for Scholarship in Studies:
The applicants are required to produce the following documents to verify their eligibility for their e-scholarships:
- One ‘Cancelled CTS’ cheque.
- Copy of applicant’s bank passbook containing the name of the applicant and CBS account number, bank branch name.
- Copy of Caste Certificate.
- Copy of Income Certificate.
- Final examination mark sheets.
How to Track your Scholarship Application Status in West Bengal:
- Visit the official website www.oasis.gov.in
- The applicant must select the District where her/his institution is located.
- The student must enter the required details i.e. the Application Serial No/User ID.
- Enter the District name you belong to.
- Enter the session.
- Click on ‘Check Status’ box.
- You will get the status of your application that you have submitted.
Know about the Scholarship:
The Government of India abides the entire expenditure beyond the committed liability that is to be borne by the State Government. The committed liability of the State Government is equal to the sum total of expenditure that is incurred during the closing year of the last plan period.
Therefore, the State Government’s committed liability for the year 2017-18 shall be equal to the total expenditure incurred under each of the scholarship schemes for post-matric scholarship for SC and post-matric scholarship for ST.
The government has revised the Post-Matric Scholarship in the year 2010. However, the Government of India has decided that such committed liability will be decided by calculating the expenditure in the pre-revised rates.
You can look for a detailed information on the Online Application for Scholarship to SC, ST and OBC students on the official website.