National Scholarship Portal is Indian Government’s Digital Initiative for students. The official NSP website is www.scholarships.gov.in for Post Matric, Pre-Matric Scholarships.
Higher education is an expensive affair in the present times and for students who are financially impoverished and belong to minority communities, pursuing finance for education is a difficult task. Most of them fail to pursue higher education due to lack of finances and that’s where scholarships come in as a boon to palliate them.
Earlier, the system of applying for scholarship meant a lot of unnecessary hassle as rigorous paperwork had to be done. The National Scholarship Portal is a department under the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India.
This Portal is responsible for dealing with application of scholarships, receiving application receipts, processing, sanction and beyond all their disbursement to various needy students on the basis of their talent and financial background.
The National Scholarship Portal is a part of the Mission Mode Project that falls directly under the National e-Governance Plan. (NeGP). The NSP is notable for incorporating a total of 21 registered schemes besides having 9 ministries that are participants throughout the length and breadth of the country.
Scholarship Schemes under National Scholarship Portal
Eligible students can apply National Scholarship Portal Application Form for various schemes and scholarships from a single platform. The online registration for numerous scholarships can be easily made through www.scholarships.gov.in website.
Now students need not to worry about the hassle of going through different application forms for multiple scholarships. One and only registration can be done for multiple scholarships through National Scholarships Portal offered by the Indian Government.
Following are the schemes, scholarships for which you can apply online form using National Scholarship Portal:
- Post-matric Scholarship Scheme.
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme.
- Pre-matric Scholarship Scheme.
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students.
- National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme.
- Incentives to Girls for Secondary Education.
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education for SC Students.
- Pre-Matric Scholarships for Students with Disabilities.
- Post-Matric Scholarships for Students with Disabilities.
- Scheme For Award Of Scholarships Under Cine/Mine/Lsdm/Beedi And IOMC Workers Welfare Fund.
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students.
The National Scholarship Portal’s vision is to provide a system that is SMART (Simplified, Mission Oriented, Responsive and Transparent) for swifter and efficient disbursement of funds after scholarship applications have been thoroughly verified directly into the bank accounts of donees and beneficiaries without subsequent leakages or delays in the process.
Objectives, Vision, and Benefits
The National Scholarship Portal under the National e-Governance Plan has a number of objectives that it fulfills from time to time.
- First, the NSP ensures disbursement of scholarship and financial help to eligible applicants in a timely manner.
- Second, the NSP is notable for providing a common platform or portal that possesses various scholarship schemes supported by the Central Government as well as different State Governments as and when valid.
- Third, the NSP believes in a unbiased treatment of all students and creating a transparent and accountable platform for all scholars by putting results of scholarships in a clear chit way.
- Fourth, besides creating a transparent database of eligible scholars, it is the job of NSP to ensure that no duplication occurs while processing and no same student is eligible to the same scholarship more than once so that a fair chance can be made for all.
- Fifth, the NSP is notable for bringing under one platform and consorting different scholarships and schemes so that they can be availed by meritorious students.
- Sixth, the NSP under Mission Mode Project claims to ensure direct benefit transfer of funds to scholars without leakages, delays or middle-men so that the financially deprived students receive help at the earliest.
The mission of NSP is to create a common online platform that combines and implements all scholarships launched under the umbrella of National Government, State Governments and Union Territories in the country.
Benefits of National Scholarship Portal
The NSP is a great development in the educational scenario of the country and let us have a quick glance at the benefits provided by this scheme:
- It ensures transparency and accountability by eliminating plausible causes of duplication of applications and disbursement of scholarship funds directly to the beneficiary.
- It is a simplified and hassle-free procedure for the students as a common application form stands as the base of all scholarships, students need to register a single time to avail any scholarship and the system automatically considers if a student is eligible based on the eligible criteria.
- Once students are selected as eligible candidates, they receive SMS and mail alerts and are thoroughly informed about every procedure of the scholarship process.
- It is a platform that is easy to configure and scale.
- It serves as a Decision Support System that provides up-to-date information based on demand from time to time.
National Scholarship Portal Application Form- Apply here
Following is the procedure for the National Scholarship Portal Fresh Application at scholarships.gov.in :
- If you’re a student looking for scholarships, you need to register yourself as a new user in the student registration page at www.scholarships.gov.in.
- Enter all the preliminary information that is asked and fill each block with the correct information.
- After submission of information, a temporary ID would be provided to students after which a student would be asked to fill in secondary information.
- A permanent Registration ID would be generated post this procedure for tracking of the application’s status and renewal of scholarship.
- Please keep in mind information cannot be edited unless scholarship process is complete after permanent ID has been received.
- After the completion of a year or specified period, a student can renew his application with permanent ID, bank account number and date of birth.
National Scholarship Portal Renewal Process:
The students who wish to renew their scholarship, can complete the online registration using their Bank Account Number, Date of Birth which must be same as they used for the previous year application form.
If you Forgot Your Registration ID then you can simply get it back.
Important Links for National Scholarship Portal – scholarships.gov.in
- Check your eligibility for scholarships.
- Student Registration (Fresh and Renewal).
- Application Status Tracking.
- Know your payment status.
- Register Complaint / View Complaint Status.
- Download NSP Mobile application.
The National Scholarship Portal is not only a boon to students financially deprived but also to institutions in remote corners of the country and it provides a boost to them to improve and reach new areas of success.
National Scholarship Portal www.scholarships.gov.in – Various Schemes
UGC – MHRDD/o Financial Services/ LICRailway Board, Ministry of Railways
|M/O Minority Affairs|
|Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities||Guidelines|
|Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities||Guidelines|
|Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses CS||Guidelines|
|Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students||Guidelines|
|WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs|
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces And Assam Rifles||Guidelines|
|D/o Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities|
|Pre-matric Scholarship for Persons with Disabilities||Guidelines|
|Post-matric Scholarship for Persons with Disabilities||Guidelines|
|Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with disabilities.||Guidelines|
|National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities||Guidelines|
|M/o Social Justice & Empowerment|
|Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for SC Student (UT only)||Guidelines|
|Upgradation of Merit of SC Students||Guidelines|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students studying in classes IX & X in UTs only||Guidelines|
|Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students||Guidelines|
|Ministry of Labour & Employment|
|Post Matric Scheme For Award Of Scholarships Under Beedi Workers Welfare Fund||Guidelines|
|Post Matric Scheme For Award Of Scholarships Under Cine Workers Welfare Fund||Guidelines|
|Post Matric Scheme For Award Of Scholarships Under IOMC Workers Welfare Fund||Guidelines|
|Post Matric Scheme For Award Of Scholarships Under LSDM Workers Welfare Fund||Guidelines|
|Pre Matric Scheme For Award Of Scholarships Under Beedi Workers Welfare Fund||Guidelines|
|Pre Matric Scheme For Award Of Scholarships Under Cine Workers Welfare Fund||Guidelines|
|Pre Matric Scheme For Award Of Scholarships Under IOMC Workers Welfare Fund||Guidelines|
|Pre Matric Scheme For Award Of Scholarships Under LSDM Workers Welfare Fund||Guidelines|
|Scholarship to the children of iron/Manganese/Chrome ore Workers||Guidelines|
|Scholarship to the children of lime Stone and Dolomite (LSDM) Workers||Guidelines|
|Ministry of Tribal Affairs|
|Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Children – Pre-Matric Scholarship (class IX and X) for ST Students||Guidelines|
|Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Children – Post-Matric Scholarship for ST Students||Guidelines|
|National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students – Scholarship (Formally Top Class Education for Schedule Tribe Students)|
|National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students – Scholarship (Formally Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for ST Students)||Guidelines|
|National Overseas Scholarships (NOS) for ST Students|
|D/o School Education & Literacy|
|National Scheme for Incentive for the Girl Child for Secondary Education||Guidelines|
|National Means Cum Merit Scholarship||Guidelines|
|Department of Higher Education|
|Central Sector Scheme Of Scholarships For College And University Students||Guidelines|
|MHRD – AICTE|
|Pragati Scholarship Scheme For Girls (Degree) For Technical Education|
|Pragati Scholarship Scheme For Girls (Diploma) For Technical Education|
|Saksham Scholarship Scheme For Differently Abled Students (Degree) For Technical Education|
|Saksham Scholarship Scheme For Differently Abled Students (Diploma) For Technical Education|
|UGC – MHRD|
|Ishan Uday special scholarship scheme for NER|
|Free education for sports medal winners|
|PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child|
|PG Scholarship University Rank Holders|
|PG scholarship for SC/ST Students for Pursuing Professional courses|
|PG Scholarship for GATE/GPAT qualified students for pursuing ME/Mtech/Mpharm|
|UGC – Department of Higher Education|
|Post-Doctoral – Fellowship for Women||Guidelines|
|BSR Doctoral – Fellowship in Sciences||Guidelines|
|D/o Financial Services/ LIC|
|Scheme for the Award of Fellowship to outstanding persons in the field of Culture|
|Scheme for Scholarships to Young Artist in different cultural fields|
|Tagore National Fellowship for Cultural Research|
|M/o Defence – Kendriya Sainik Board (KSB|
|Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme|
|D/o Science & Technology|
|Scholarship – Inspire|
|Phd fellowship Scheme|
|Railway Board, Ministry of Railways|
|PM’s scholarship scheme (PMSS)||Guidelines|
|UGC – D/o Higher Education|
|Fellowship Schemes of AICTE||Guidelines|
|Fellowship Schemes of UGC||Guidelines|
|Kothari PDF in Sciences||Guidelines|
|UGC – Indian Statistical Institute, Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation|
|B Stat(Hons)/B Math(Hons)|
|M Stat/M Math/MS(QE)|
|M Tech (CS)/MTech (QROR)|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Stat|
|Special Research fellowship|