Post Matric Scholarship strategy is the centrally sponsored scheme, which can be implemented via state government along with UT administration. This scheme gives financial assistance for the scheduled caste students who studying post secondary stage or post matriculation to complete their education.
Education plays a major role in the present society, without education one can live well in this world. The scholarships are introduced for the student’s studies, only in India and are awarded by the union or state government for the applicant who belongs permanently settled.
The Social welfare department are assisting students for the better future by continuing their education. The price money that’s given to students every year can be varied with different courses. They are S.S.L.S, P.U.C, Degree, P.G courses, Professional courses, etc.
This scholarship can be available for the students whose guardians or parent’s income not exceeding more than 1 Lakhs per annum. The eligible students can be provided scholarships subject to the application by means of test prescribe in a scheme.
Eligibility criteria for this scheme:
- Only Scheduled Tribe students and Scheduled caste students are eligible for this award of the post Matric Scholarship.
- The parents of student income should be more than 1 Lakhs from all sources.
- The candidates who get the welfare of G.O.I scholarship are also entitled in order to claim the advantages for the higher studies.
- Candidates who got employment will not be eligible for this post matric scholarship.
- Only two children from the same parents are allowed to get this scholarship.
sw.kar.nic.in Registration procedure for Karnataka post matric scholarship
Getting Provisional Registration Number:
i) Students need to enter the required details and then click the submit button.
ii) The system will show the provisional registration number.
iii) Now they have to note the registration number prior going to the college.
Print registration form details: Enter the provisional registration number, then need to click “Submit Reg No” option. So that the system can display the registration detail.
Login for students: Login with the registration number as well as birthday date as the password in highlighted region.
Home page: All options are available for the student is listed and by using this the student can know the application status or apply for the post metric scholarship or can change their password.
Post Metric Scholarship application: Need to fill all the required details and can click “save” button, then the application will move to concerned TSWO.
sw.kar.nic.in Application status: The latest application status has been displayed
Change Password: With the help of change password scree, students can able to make changes in their password.
Attention: Now students have to take a print out of the scholarship request and renewal acknowledgement in login.
What are the conditions present in this award?
- The students should not take up any employment or provide help for their parents in work at the time of studying the course.
- The award can be discontinued if any students failed to get annual promotion rather than the case of unavoidable reason, which can be certified by a competent scheme authority.
- Coaching facilities, particularly for the weak students can be provided
- If any student violates the school discipline or other terms that are mentioned in the scholarship means, the student scholarship will be cancelled.
- The state government or Union Territory Administrations will also directly cancel the scholarship if they are satisfied with the reason for the violation.
- The students cannot migrate from one institution to the other that much easily except under some exceptional cases and by the interest of students
- The scholar getting benefits under the scheme is not permitted to get benefits under the other parametric scholarship scheme.
- The students must have regular attendance and it will be comprised in the case of any medical sickness.
sw.kar.nic.in Application process for Karnataka Post Matric Scholarship
- Some set of post matric scholarship application forms will be sent to the colleges by the officer of Taluk Social Welfare.
- Then full responsibility will move to the Principal or the head of institution in order to distribute the application forms for the candidates.
- Then the principal or school authority collects all duly filled forms of application from SC candidates.
- Later it needs to be submitted to the officer in Taluk Social Welfare.
- To sanction and scrutinize the principal have to submit the application of post matric scholarship before the August 10 every year.
- The submitted applications are then scrutinized prior 31st August.
- The eligible candidate list will send to the respective institute on or before September 15 of every year.
- After the scholarship got sanctioned the eligible students with cheque can be forwarded to the concerned head institution before October 10 every year for the disbursement.
When and how to apply for this scheme?
All the UT administrations and State Government will announce in the month of May and June. The government allows let the user know the information about the scheme by issuing in leading newspaper and also in respective websites along with media outfits.
Every request for the application and other particulars must be addressed to the State government or Union Territory Administration in which the students actually belong.
The eligible candidate should submit the complete application to the prescribed authority prior last date described for the receipt of applications.
The required documents are, he or she required to provide a caste certificate, Marks cards or mark sheet and these things have to submit with the completed filled application.
- Online Application link : http://188.8.131.52/sw2/
- Official Website for Further Information – sw.kar.nic.in.
- SC Application : http://184.108.40.206/swscholarship/
- ST Application : http://220.127.116.11/stsmis/