Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has shared the ASI Syllabus, Written Test Scheme, Skill Test, Physical Test (PET, PST) Details for ASI (Steno) posts at www.cisf.gov.in. The complete selection process for the recruitment advertised for 67 posts in January 2017 has been provided by ResultWay Team.
First of all, CISF will scan the applications submitted by the candidates. Then the list of the eligible candidates will be issued. The eligible candidates will be invited to join the further selection procedure.
Applicants must participate in all steps of Recruitment for which they are bounded. If an aspirant remains absent from any of the events i.e written, PST, Skill test, or DME, he will be be qualified.
So far the schedule for PST, written examination is not publicly available. You may check it on your CISF admit card whenever you get it. Tests will be taken in the following sequence:
CISF Selection Process:
CISF PST (Physical Standard Test) for ASI Steno Posts
This is the First step of the recruitment selection process. In this stage, candidate’s eligibility standards (Height & Weight) shall be measured. Ex-Servicemen Candidates need not to appear in the PST as they are usually expected already to be in the perfect shape.
|Categories||Height||Chest (Male Only)||Height Female|
|For General, SC & OBC candidates||165 cms||77-82 cms||155 cms|
|(i) in respect of persons falling in the categories of Garhwalis, Kumaoni, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, and|
(ii) candidates belonging to the States of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir
|162.5 cms||77-88 cms||150 cms|
|All candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes.||162.5 cms||76-81 cms||150 cms|
Minimum 5 C.M.S Expansion (Fulaav) of Chest is required. Weight for all candidates must be Corresponding to the height and age as per medical standard in category : SHAPE-I.
CISF ASI Steno Written Exam Pattern 2017 – CISF Syllabus
|General English or Hindi||100||100||2 hours|
Minimum Qualifying Marks for the Written Exam: Candidates who clears the PST, will be called to take the written exam in which they need to secure at least the following marks:
- General: 35%.
- SC, ST, OBC: 33%.
Main Points to remember about the written test:
- The Written test will have objective type questions.
- The Written exam will be conducted for 100 marks.
- There will be no negative marking in this CISF paper.
- The Test will have 100 questions. Each one carries one mark.
- Maximum time allowed to complete the paper is 2 Hour (120 minutes).
- The Question paper will be available in both English and Hindi language.
- Questions will be asked from matriculation level. So we advise aspirants to prepare the syllabus of the 10th class level.
- If you’re not satisfied from the result, then there won’t be any re-evaluation of OMR sheets.
CISF ASI Steno Skill Test Details 2017
Candidates who pass the written exam, will have to participate in the Skill Test which is basically the Stenography test. Shorthand Dictation for ASI posts will be of 10 minutes.
For a dictation of 10 minutes there would be about 800 words @ 80 words per minute for transcription and subsequent typing. The time for transcription will be 50 minutes in English and 65 minutes in Hindi on computer.
CISF Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
Once the merit list is published. A category wise medical test will be organized for the selected candidates. There will be Review Medical Examination (RME) just after the DME. Below are the required medical standards for ASI (Steno) in CISF:
*The height, chest, weight has already been described in previous paragraphs.
i. Visual Standard:
Visual Acuity unaided (near vision)
- Better eye – N6.
- Worse eye – N9.
Uncorrected visual acuity (distant vision)
- Better eye-6/6.
- Worse Eye-6/9.
Refraction: Visual correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses.
Color vision: CP III by ISIHARA.
Note: For a right handed person, the right eye is better eye and vice versa. Binocular vision is also required.
ii. The aspirants must not have knock knees, flat foot, Varicose vein or squint in eyes. The candidate must be in proper mental, physical condition. He must not have any physical defect that may interfere with the efficient performance required during the duty.
CISF Policy for Tattoo: Same as CRPF Physical test, the policies about the Tattoo in CISF Recruitment are following:
- Location of tattoo must be left arm only as it’s non-saluting hand. The Tattoo should be allowed only if it is on the inner aspect of the forearm (kohni). It is not allowed on the dorsum of hands.
- The Size of tattoo must be less than ¼ of the particular part such as Elbow or Hand.
- If there is any scar mark due to tattoo removal then the candidate will be allowed to participate in the test as long as it doesn’t hurt the physical performance of the candidate.
- Instructions on tattoo marks are applicable at the time of recruitment only.